GET A MOUTHGUARD MADE ESPECIALLY FOR YOU
Are you exercising contact sports – both martial arts and ball games – it might be a good idea to invest in a “custom” Guardlab tooth guard, which will fit you and your taste perfectly. We call it custom, since it is designed with only you in mind – and thus varies from the cheap one size guards. One size meaning that it’s a size that doesn’t really fit anyone. You will instantly be able to tell that your new mouthguard isn’t a big brick under your upper lip. Your breathing will be more uninhibited, which gives you an additional advantage in your sports.
You can even design it yourself – then it will have your own personal touch. Valby Tand is the very first clinic in Europe that is able to make Guardlab mouthguards. We have collaborated with the American company Guardlab from New York. For more information, please check out www.guardlab.com and click on “Find a 3D scan location”.
CREATING YOUR CUSTOM GUARDLAB MOUTHGUARD WORKS LIKE THIS:
- You visit the website guardlab.com and see what design you like best.
- You book a consultation at the clinic – we set 30 minutes for this.
- When you arrive at the clinic, we go over the final design together, so you can be certain that you’re getting what you have in mind.
- You pay in advance for your mouthguard – a set price of 2800 DKK. The final amount depends on several factors, but it will never be more expensive than that.
- Your teeth are 3D scanned with a camera in order for you to avoid the traditional sticky residue in your mouth.
- The 3D scans should take no longer than 2 minutes. It is just a surface-coating and therefore harmless and without x-ray beams.
The teeth guard is delivered within 3-5 weeks from New York, and you will be able to pick it up here at the clinic. We also have a selection of mouth guards that are more uniform, and in one colour.
At Valby Tand – Tandlægerne ved Valby Station you can design the coolest custom-made mouthguard.
Why choose a mouthguard from Guardlab?
But what is the actual difference between Guardlab’s custom made tooth guard and the cheaper versions, which you have to boil and adjust to your mouth (boil-and-bite)?
- A custom made mouthguard fits snugly around the teeth and won’t fall out at critical moments.
- Since it’s considerably more comfortable than other types of dental guards, you could also use it for training sessions and not just for competitions.
- It is a real shame to get your teeth punched out or broken during training – which is likely to happen, since three quarters of your sporting schedule is composed of training slots!
- The GuardLab mouthguard is thinner around the palate – which gives you the upper edge in competitions.
- It has been scientifically proven to reduce the risks of knockouts. The mouthguard has been designed after an individual bite on a wax plate, and this technique is specifically used to make your mandibular head lift out of the articular disk. Instead of having the mandibular head knocking directly up into the disk, the impact from the blow is distributed evenly across a flexible pillow, placed underneath the dental guard. This innovative feature is called ARC Technology and has been developed by two American dentists with specialized knowledge on bite function. Read more about the Guardlab mouthguard’s unique features on Guardlab’s homepage.
- Most importantly: You won’t get your teeth broken. Even though you have a health insurance that covers the expenses for fixing up the tooth, a once broken tooth won’t ever regain the same integrity it had when it was undamaged!
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MOUTHGUARDS?
Call Martin who’s our dentist, martial arts practitioner for many years and have tried several types of mouth guards, and get guided through the ordering process. There’s an option of 3 mm or 6 mm mouthguard depending on how enduring a contact sport you’re practising. (Be advised that some martial arts-unions require all-white mouthguards without any text, so contact your union first.)
Valby Tand – Tandlægerne ved Valby Station want to keep your teeth healthy, strong and beautiful!